Motorcycle DUI Investigations
NHTSA has developed its own set of criteria for stopping motorcycles for suspected impaired driving.
Motorcycle DUI Clues
NHTSA, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration publishes clues for nighttime driving behaviors that are indicative of DUI driving. They do so for both four-wheeled vehicles and motorcycles. Below are their clues for motorcycles.
Excellent Cues (50% or greater probability):
- Drifting during turn or curve
- Trouble with dismount
- Trouble with balance at a stop
- Turning problems (e.g., unsteady, sudden corrections, late braking, improper lean angle)
- Inattentive to surroundings
- Inappropriate or unusual behavior (e.g., carrying or dropping object, urinating at roadside, disorderly conduct, etc.)
- Erratic movements while going straight
- Operating without lights at night
- Following too closely
- Running stop light or sign
- Wrong way
Call an Attorney
Call now to let us assist you in locating a DUI attorney in your area. We have a large network of DUI lawyers and legal representatives in our database. If you don't find an attorney for your area, we can locate one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?