How Much do Ignition Interlock Devices Cost?
Ignition interlock devices must be purchased or rented from private companies, and usually cost anywhere from $65 – $100+ per month. Some companies charge additional fees for installation, and often a deposit is required. Additional fees may apply to maintenance and calibration, as well as transmittal of the information to the DMV. DUI offenders that are ordered by the court to install the device usually must pay their own interlock costs. Some states have legislation stating that courts cannot order installation if the offender cannot afford it. In those cases, the person’s license is typically suspended all together.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?