DUI Expungement: Can I Get My DUI Expunged?
That is one of the most common questions after a conviction for drunk driving. The answer is complex and depends on the state of your conviction and several other factors. Some states have provisions for expunging a DWI or criminal record. Others have mechanisms for setting the conviction aside or sealing the records.
What the the possible methods of relief from a DUI conviction?
- Expungment / Expunction
- Setting aside
- Reversing a conviction or plea of guilty or no contest
- Sealing the record
- A pardon
How Do I Get a DUI Expunged and Off My Record?
It is very important to learn if you are eligible before spending too much time or effort thinking about getting a DUI removed from your record. The best and fastest way is to contact a DUI Attorney in the state or county where your DWI conviction occurred. Before you make the call, be sure to gather the following information:
- Your complete criminal history, including the DUI conviction. You will need the dates, the charges, the sentence and all other relevant documents.
- Any probation documentation. You will likely need to show that you completed all of your conditions of probation, so make sure you get that together early.
- Your driving history. You should request a drivers record abstract from your local DMV.
- Your employment and family history.
Make things easiest on yourself by giving your DUI lawyer all of the information he or she will need up front.
When it comes to DUI expungement, you really have nothing to lose by calling a lawyer to see if it is a possibility in your case.
Call an Attorney
Call now to let us assist you in locating a DUI attorney in your area. We have a large network of DUI lawyers and legal representatives in our database. If you don't find an attorney for your area, we can locate one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?