Introduction to DUI Attorney Fees
Besides going to jail, losing your license, losing your job and having a permanent criminal record, most people facing a DUI charge also worry about costs, especially in regards to attorneys’ fees.
DUI cases are difficult, highly specialized and time consuming. Therefore, if you want a good DUI lawyer, expect to pay a premium. An effective DUI lawyer is well worth the cost, but the question is, how much and can a cheaper one or a public defender get the same result?
These questions are difficult to answer because they must be taken largely on a case-by-case basis.
The articles in this section are designed to give the reader a primer on attorneys’ fees and finances, and provide tools on how to approach the subject before, during and after your representation is completed.
- Pro-bono DUI work? Don’t expect a free ride
- Payment plans and arrangements in DUI cases
- Costs of investigators and expert witnesses
- Contingent fees prohibited in DUI cases
- Hourly and time-based billing by DUI lawyers
- Tiered flat fee arrangements with DUI attorneys
- True flat fee arrangements by DUI lawyers