Drunk Driver Kills A Young Mother and Her Unborn Child in Polk County
Polk County Police in Florida say a pregnant woman and her unborn child were killed in a crash involving a drunken driver.
Authorities report that Thomas Dick, 37, hit the woman’s van from behind at a Winter Haven intersection Sunday night. 19-year-old Tiffany Woodham was a passenger in the vehicle and died on the way to the hospital.
Her baby died after doctors attempted to deliver the baby by performing a cesarean section. Woodham had been six months pregnant.
Authorities in Florida’s Polk County say the van’s driver and two other passengers were also hospitalized.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Dick had a blood alcohol level of .131 percent. In Florida, a driver is not allowed to drive with a BAC limit of 0.08 percent or higher.
Dick was charged with multiple offenses, including two counts of DUI and manslaughter.
For more information on DUI laws in Florida and Polk County, visit DUIAttorney.com
Call an Attorney
Call now to let us assist you in locating a DUI attorney in your area. We have a large network of DUI lawyers and legal representatives in our database. If you don't find an attorney for your area, we can locate one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?