Maricopa County, Arizona DUI Lawyer
DUI in Maricopa County, Arizona
DUI laws differ from state to state and in some cases, from county to county. Employing the knowledge of an experienced DUI attorney is the first step to successfully overcoming a DUI charge. Depending on your case, you may be able to lessen or drop your drunk driving charges. The outcome of your hearing is affected by your BAC level, your response to the arresting officer and the attorney you hire to defend your freedom in court.
Arizona DUI Laws
Upon being pulled over, your arresting police officer will request a field sobriety test, which will be a series of three physical tests. You may be asked to walk in a straight line or stand on one foot. This is to obtain a general read on your level of impairment. A preliminary breathalyzer test may also be requested to check your BAC or blood alcohol content level. Any BAC levels over 0.08% for adults is considered an illegal BAC. For any minors under the age of 21, a BAC of any level other than 0.00% is illegal. Arizona has NO tolerance for underage drinking.
Maricopa County, Arizona has some of the most strict penalties. Such punishment can include but are certainly not limited to:
- Driver’s license suspension or revocation
- Thousands of dollars in fines
- Community service
- Long-term probation
- Incarceration (jail time)
- Required installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle
- Mandatory drug and/or alcohol treatment
Penalties are much worse for a repeat offenses.
Who to Call in Case of a Maricopa County DUI
Your chances of reducing your charges and fines for your DUI are slim to none without a reputable, local attorney. You need a lawyer with experience, credibility and confidence to regain your freedom and rights to driving. You will not be able to, nor should you, go through this on your own. A DUI Attorney will fight against your charges and help keep that mark off of your permanent record.
|Maricopa County Court||Maricopa County Police||Maricopa County DMV|
|201 W Jefferson St
Phoenix, AZ 85003
|620 W Washington St
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
|1225 North 25th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85009
Phone: (602) 255-0072
Contact Craig Gillespie
Call now to speak with and get an absolutely free consultation.
Attorney for Loudoun County
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?