El Paso County Deputy Receives DUI Enforcement Award
A Deputy with the El Paso County Sheriff’s office, Tony Scherb, was presented the 6th annual Ken Jordan Award on Tuesday, representing excellence in enforcement of Colorado DUI laws. Eight law enforcement officials were nominated for the award, including fellow Deputy Sgt. Michael Schaller and three candidates each from the Colorado Springs Police Department and the Fort Carson Police Department.
Schaub has been part of the Sheriff’s office since 1987, and was assigned to patrol duty in 1994. Two years later, he became one of the first Deputies to be assigned a position on the Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit.
This law enforcement award was named in honor of a former Colorado Springs Police Officer, Ken Jordan, who was shot by a DUI suspect, Marco Lee, in 2006 after Lee had been pulled over by another law enforcement agent for suspician of driving under the influence.
The preceding Colorado DUI Attorney news item was brought to you by Ann Toney.
Call an Attorney
Call now to let us assist you in locating a DUI attorney in your area. We have a large network of DUI lawyers and legal representatives in our database. If you don't find an attorney for your area, we can locate one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?