DUI Accident in Greer, S.C.
John West, a 50-year old man from Greer, South Carolina, was charged with driving under the influence on Thursday after losing control of his truck and striking another vehicle in traffic on Highway 14 North, near Berry Hill Road. According to official reports from law enforcement, West was traveling East on Highway 14 at approximately 6:10 PM when a vehicle heading in the opposite direction slowed to make a turn on to Berry Hill Road.
The driver of the second vehicle, Teresa Smith, slowed to make the turn when West, without slowing down, struck the side of Smith’s vehicle. Smith, 37 years old and also from Greer, was wearing her seatbelt and was uninjured. John West, who also was wearing his seatbelt, wasn’t quite as lucky. After striking Smith’s vehicle, West lost control of his truck and ran off the road into a wooded area. He suffered some serious injuries and was pinned inside his vehicle. Once he was pulled from his truck, he was airlifted to nearby Greenville Memorial Hospital.
Call now to speak with and get an absolutely free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?