Utah DUI Suspect Shoots Dog, Wife
A Richfield man, 30 year old Alan Askwith, was arrested Friday evening on suspicion of driving while under the influence, illegal discharge of a firearm, crualty to animals, obstructing justice and more. Askwith was driving south on highway I-15 between Nephi and Santaquin, when he allegedly pulled out a handgun and shot a dog sitting on the passenger side floorboards. In the process of shooting the dog in his vehicle, Askwirth also hit his wife in the leg.
After he shot the dog…and his wife, Askwirth then reportedly threw the gun out the window and took his wife to a local Juab county hospital, where she was treated and then released. Askwirth wasn’t as lucky, as a local law enforcement officer was at the hospital, following up on an unrelated accident, and arrested Askwirth on the charges listed. Askwirth is now being held on $10,000 bail.
No details have been released as to why Askwirth shot the dog…
Call now to speak with and get an absolutely free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?