Man Hits Two Boys, Charged with DWI
On Thursday, a driver from Harrison Township, Robert J. Novack jr., was charged with driving while intoxicated after he struck two young boys who were crossing the street, reports say. The incident occurred as Novack was making a left on to Ohio 79 Southbound from the West Main Street onramp. The two boys, Sean Clark, 12, and Cody Flowers, 11, had just started crossing the Ohio 79 onramp at approximately 4:00 PM Thursday afternoon when Novack struck them with his vehicle.
The two boys were immediately taken to Licking Memorial Hospital, where they were treated for minor injuries and then released to their parents. Newark police were the first on the scene, and administered a field sobriety test to Novack, who subsequently demonstrated that he was impaired. Novack was charged with the 1st degree misdemeanor of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated as well as a failure to yield traffic violation. He was arraigned in court on Friday. Vehicular assault was not charged, due to the fact that the two boys weren’t seriously injured, though the judge could very well take into consideration the fact that the two boys were hit by the vehicle when determining the punishment for the crime.
Call now to speak with and get an absolutely free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I hire a lawyer or use a public defender?
- What should I do immediately after recieving a charge?
- How do I find the best lawyer?
- Can a great lawyer really get my charge completely dropped?
- What are some common laws?
- What is the most important thing to be prepared for?
- How much will it cost total?
- How will I contact my lawyer?